Friday, March 8, 2013

February Favorites

Posted by Unknown at 4:37 PM
Hello!

Here are my favorite items for February! I can't believe February is already over -- time is going by way too quickly this year! Hopefully, the weather warms up this month so I can enjoy the outside instead of being cramped up indoors all the time. Anyways, enjoy!





MAYBELLINE'S BABY LIPS
OK - these lip balms are probably the best lip balms I've ever tried. EVER. I usually hate putting on chapstick or any kind of lip gloss because they can get really sticky and crusty after a few hours. When Maybelline launched their new collection of these baby lips, I was in love. My friend, Ange, actually told me about these so I gave them a try and have been addicted ever since! First off, they SMELL delicious (like peaches and apricots lol). Secondly, the texture is extremely smooth and creamy so you don't have to worry about having it dry up on ya! If you see the swatches above, the one to the left (Peach Kiss) is a nude color; it's very transparent but shows just enough color for someone to notice your lips! In other words, it's VERY natural-looking. The one on the right is called Pink Punch and is actually the first one I purchased. This one is obviously more opaque and has a pretty pink color, which is natural-looking as well. I had another red one but I lost it :( I will definitely be repurchasing these babies after I use them all up. They are priced at around $2.99 at Target or any other drugstore.



Everyone and their mom was talking about Soap and Glory's Hand Food so I had to hop on the bandwagon and get it myself. I bought two from Sephora in early February as a gift for a friend and to try it myself. I usually don't use hand lotions at all because I play the violin and it just makes everything slippery but this lotion is the bomb diggity. It has a floral scent, which is actually quite pleasant! The formula of the lotion is NOT thick at all and it blends in super well with your skin. My hands always feel moisturized and healthy after using this lotion. Been absolutely loving this all month!


I took a break on using BB Creams for almost a year so when I ordered the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream last month, I totes fell in love again. I forgot how awesome BB Creams were ...especially the asian ones. I honestly think the BB Creams that are being made in the US are absolute shit. They are so sheer and have no coverage whatsoever. I've used a couple Korean ones in the past and I must say that these are the ones you need to purchase! They have great coverage, evens out your skin tone, blends super well, and it has SPF 42+++ (whatever that means!) Anything that has SPF in it is golden. You're set, lol. I've been using this BB Cream every day in February and still am. You can buy it on Amazon.com for about $18. Enjoy!


OK - Skincare. I ran out of my LUSH moisturizer so I bought this after hearing some great reviews and voi la! Love it so far -- It's super simple and clean w/o any kind of scent. I like that it's for all skin types -- I have oily to combination skin so it seems like a perfect fit for my face. You can buy the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion at Target for about $5.



These Nike Free Run 4.0 sneakers are helping me so much when I work out! Since Turbo Fire requires A LOT of movement, these sneakers do just the job. They are extremely light weight and comfy. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that it's for my February Faves! I hope ya'll enjoyed this post -- I don't know if my future monthly faves will be this extensive lol. Anyways, TGIF! Enjoy your weekend.

xo,
Ellie

6 comments:

Unknown on March 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM said...

I love the blog baby. Can't wait to see more! Keep it up!

Unknown on March 8, 2013 at 10:36 PM said...

I'm the first AND second posts!

Unknown on March 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM said...

Thanks for helping me set it up, boo! :)

Dressed With Soul on March 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM said...

Hi dear, congrats for your nice new blog <3 Wish you many many success and pleasure with it!

And thank you for your nice comment on my blog: I checked immediately your blog with the result: I like it!

I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It´ll be great if you come return to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

xxx
Rena
http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

Joey Mollica on March 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM said...

Well damn, I got dibs on 5th post! Diggin' the blog!

miemiemie on March 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM said...

I feel the same way about asian bb creams. However, I've been purchasing the american brands more since I don't need too much coverage and I needed some ASAP.

Post a Comment

 

e l l i e j a b e t h Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos